Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hello from Commie Land!

Hi MocMoc - Since you're probably the only one reading this. I'm not sure what to blog about. I guess I'll just tell you some interesting things I saw in the past couple of days that you'd only see in China. I need to get my camera back and start taking more pictures.....
1. I was walking down the street and saw an old man on a bike leaning over and picking up a small crushed pink and white box. After examining it for a while he put it back down on the floor. About less than a foot from the box was a pink and white stick -- yup a pregnancy stick, just hanging out on the sidewalk.
2. My ayi (my maid - its very common in China to have one) was dusting my beat up tissue box.
3. There is a vegetable stand down the street from my apartment that sells a lot of produce that is hard to get in China -- arugala, avocados (my favorite!), basil, they even have salmon. It's frequented by a lot of foreigners. I went there the other day and there was a Chinese woman with a "lao wai" (whitie). She was asking the vendor "zhe xie shi bu shi duo shi lao wai chai"? aka "are these all 'whitie' vegetables?". Didn't realize there were such things as "lao wai" vegetables.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio